Apple Store in Leidseplein square in Amsterdam has been evacuated after an iPad exploded, Dutch outlet AT5 reported Sunday.
The incident was confirmed by the city’s fire brigade, which tweeted that three people had respiratory problems following the incident.
The incident was probably caused by a leaking battery pack, the tweet said.
AT5 posted a short video showing the empty Apple Store at Leidseplein with some of the evacuated customers standing in front.
We’ve contacted Apple for comment and will update this article when we hear from them.
Exploding iPads are rare but not unheard of. In fact, in 2013, a Vodafone store in Canberra, Australia, was evacuated after an iPad Air exploded there, and there have been several instances of iPhones bursting into flames as well.